Contact Mi:

FANPAGE: https://www.facebook.com/cozinhando4us/
cozinhando coMigo by MiSalomon on FaceBook

Subscreva no YouTube: byMiSalomon

Wednesday, November 17, 2010

About Mi

I was born in São Paulo, Brazil, and I have lived in Winnipeg since 2008. I studied in one of the best arts and interior designer school in São Paulo and I had several awarded Brazilian artist’s teachers.
My passion for art and food got mixed together and I devoted it all toward a creative world of gastronomy; I started to work as food stylist in TV and magazines advertise. Afterward, I realized that my artistic real values were with cake sculptures and unique creative parties for kids and adults.
I moved to Teresopolis, nearby Rio de Janeiro in 1990 and in 1998 to 2005, I transformed my house in a “Bed Breakfast” and I could developed my best skills of hospitality, tourism and volunteer work in a Touristic Route Circuit TERE-FRI (union between two small towns and a road); throughout that time, I raised my son and I saw him growing up. 
Furthermore, I shared my knowledge teaching others how to cook healthy dishes and specialized diets; also, I have been painting cards in fabric (first to Folklorama (2007), Brazilian Pavilion) which can be transformed into a wall picture, it can be detached from the paper and attached in clothing or in objects. Nowadays, I have been developing and adding new features to these skills over the years here in Winnipeg and I have been learning English as a job and in less than two years, I could improve my level of 3-4 to 6-8.
I went to many schools since 2008 like: Entry Program where I had my first “hug” in Winnipeg and I knew Grace and Mille, Winnipeg Technical College, Elgin School and Start Work. I had a little break and I started working for a company doing “Baskets for Christmas” – First job in Winnipeg. In 2009, I came back to Elgin School where I knew Hilda and Rosalinda who was my “kick off” to improve my writing in English; however, I needed to continue my way and changed school again.  In September, I went to study at the U of M and I did not like it; however, in 2010 I had opportunity to change to English Skills Center in order to attend the writing classes with Dina who was the best of the best teacher that I ever had. I took summer classes at iEnglish with Ashley who treats me like a friend.  Today I'm taking some courses at Red River College of Graphic Arts.

No comments: